Sunday 1 December 2013

39 Minutes of Bliss (In an Otherwise Meaningless World) - Caesars

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I have in the past, on occasion, been called a Geek. I know. Incredible isn't it! I can even begin to wonder how they got that impression. Could it be because of my periodic table t-shirt? Surely not? Or maybe it's because I understand pivot tables in spreadsheets. Nah, that's not it. Oh! Maybe it because I sometimes while away wet afternoons by playing computer games? It can't be that because computer games are cool. Yes they are! Stop sniggering - if they're not cool then how come I chose this album today? 

You see one of my all time favourite game series is the SSX franchise. I love it, it at least I did until they decided to wrecking bu making it all too serious. Don't get me started. Anyway one of the great things about the series, and they are numerous, is the uber cool soundtracks. No only are they great bit they are also a source if new influences. So it was during a particularly slamming (see I am cool) run on SSX3 that I first heard the Caesars track 'Jerk It Out'. And loved it instantly.

So it's a bit of a mystery why I've only just got around to listening to the 2003 compilation album from this Sweedish alt-pop band. Ten years late? Oops.

Anyway I'm glad I did because the other 36 minutes on the album, assuming the title is accurate, are equally as good. Punk pop with attitude. OK so they lyrics won't challenge Bob Dylan or other worldly wordsmiths but when it is this much fun who cares?

Right, now I've discovered this album I need to find my virtual snowboard and hit the slopes again. Hurtling at breakneck speed down a mountain has never been so much fun....



No comments:

Post a Comment